Japanese Used Cars are a popular choice with many UK motorists. This is because they have a reputation for being reliable and efficient. Makes such as Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Nissan, and Yamaha are all popular household names.
So how can you find Japanese used cars?
• There are Japanese used car auctions where you can look at the car you are interested in and make a bid for it;
• Motoring magazines and websites;
• Private ads;
• Specialist motoring websites that allow you to search for and compare Japanese used cars.
Once you have found several Japanese second hand cars that you like the look of, it is time to compare cars. Look at their features so that you can see which one best suits what you want. Look at:
• Body work;
• How the car is internally – is the fabric on the seats damaged or torn anywhere?
• Is the engine clean?
• Does the current owner or dealership have all the relevant paperwork as well as details of any new parts / repairs?
• Whether there is any outstanding finance on the vehicle or any other skeleton’s in the closet. There are companies online that provide a vehicle data check that can give you all this information for what can be a reasonable fee.
• And, finally, the price! This can vary quite a lot depending on the condition of the vehicle of the vehicle and where you are buying it from. Compare prices on a like for like basis so that you get a true reflection of what is a realistic price to pay.
Once you are satisfied that the Japanese used car you are looking at is a serious contender, the next thing to do is to have a test drive. There is no point in falling in love with car only to find that it has a blind spot when driving or there is something else you don’t like about it, such as the storage.
Once you have test driven the car, you will either be back to square one, looking for a different make and model of Japanese used cars, or you’ll be doubly sure that this type of vehicle is the one for you.